26 July 2008

And then...

I got too busy for my life. I made it through my last quarter of my first year of grad school. My final quarter of statistics found me in the computer lab for approximately 15 hours one Thursday. I am so glad it's over. Now I just have to do statistics on my own research for the rest of my life. :)

Amanda came to visit at the end of April. We visited Balboa Island, the Getty Museum, and Disneyland. We also went to the beach. One of the stores on Balboa had these pictures of various everyday items shaped like letters. So we decided it would be fun to make our own. I haven't finished the alphabet, but I'm still trying.



Who's taking over Disneyland? Oh right, that's me.




Me and the Panda


No, no. You're a Panda not an elephant.

Just as Amanda was getting ready to leave, my high school friend, Jeff, stopped by on his way to visit some family. He stayed for a couple of days. Sadly I was still in school so Jeff visited the beach on his own and then we went to the temple before he left.


Newport Beach Temple

I went to St. George for Alex's (Jeff's little brother) high school graduation over memorial day weekend. Then a week after school was over I moved apartments. I'm living in the same complex, with a friend from church. It's really nice to have a friend as a roommate. I feel like I'm not just sharing space but actually living with someone. Plus Alisa (my new roommate) keeps me from being too lazy.

Two friends from my cohort got married this summer. The first wedding was in Northern California close to Oregon. The second was in Dana Point, just south of me. I'll make another post with pictures.

And now I'm back in St. George for the weekend hanging out with the Lark's. My roommate is on vacation so I decided I needed some human companionship. The tv just wasn't cutting it. I'm still doing research stuff over the summer. I took a short-term grading job which will last about another week. I'm trying to get a tutoring position to supplement my income. Or I could just stop buying new clothes.

In family news, my dad got engaged to his girlfriend, Karen, just before father's day. My brother moved back to Michigan and is currently living with my sister. And my sister just got engaged this past weekend. She's planning to get married in October and has asked me to be a bridesmaid. Which means that I might see some of you sooner than Christmas. That's the short version of all that's going on. Sorry to those of you who check this and haven't seen anything interesting lately.

Oh, and I've decided that I want to get married on 11.11.11. Which means I just need to find a husband...

1 comment:

Anne said...

I seriously think you need to post a match.com ad to that effect ...

"Looking for wedding date 11.11.11"