27 January 2010

Say Hey

This is my current favorite song. At least for this week. Especially because its music video (thanks youtube) contains CAPOEIRA! I don't know if you'll be able to pick it out. There are two specific instances that I saw. The first one I have only seen done, I cannot do it myself. The second one is a move that I can do although I would never dare do it directly over someone's head as it is done in the video. Enjoy!





I would like to call today "Late Day". I was late for my office hours, late for institute, late for my meeting with a student, late for lunch with Jessamy. If I had anything else going on tonight I'm sure I would be late for that too.

In spite of all my lateness, I feel I have had a very productive day. I read a bunch of rough drafts from my students and made comments. I even tried really hard to be nice to them. I also managed to submit my second year talk paper to Applied Psycholinguistics. It took me approximately two hours and multiple uploadings and deletings of the same files. Not to mention a very confusing, how-in-the-heck do you delete a whole page from the beginning of a word document episode. But it is officially submitted. I e-mailed my adviser to let her know and told her I was holding my breath until we heard back. To which she replied "it can take months so don't hold it too long. :)"

Currently, I am working on ideas for my dissertation projects. I just tonight found a whole wealth of articles and book chapters that would have been super helpful in fall of 2008. They should still be pretty helpful now, but I feel a little bit dumb that I didn't find them sooner. Perhaps by the end of this quarter I could be ready to start collecting data. Don't hold YOUR breath.

The last of my super exciting news is that I have semi-turned in the paperwork for my master's degree. It should be awarded at the end of this year (June) as long as I really have taken all the required classes. If I haven't I still have next quarter to complete them.

In my daydreams I come up with three fabulous dissertation projects that require only one or two rounds of data collection and I finish that collection by the time summer starts. Then I analyze and write ALL summer long (super efficiently). And by winter of next year I have the dissertation finished, three papers ready to publish and my doctorate in hand.
Daydreams are nice, aren't they...

No comments: