Today I have beef with the construction world. For the majority of my life, I've been secure in the knowledge that what they call a two by four is a piece of wood which measures two inches thick by four inches wide. I know this because when I was younger I was confused and assumed that the measurement was feet. I was corrected.
Last night, I found out that I was wrong. In a small project I have taken on, I was measuring my block of 2x4 and discovered that it is NOT two inches by four inches. Oh no, it is not. It is 1.5 inches by 3.5 inches. What the...?! Construction world, you are a bunch of filthy liars. And you don't know how to measure. My friend, Shawn, assures me that this is how it is because of drywall. I refuse to accept this explanation. Just make the D thing two inches by four inches. I do not appreciate having been led astray.
I'm also grading papers. Bleh.
No comments:
Post a Comment