Monday, July 1st
Andy told us about the National Museum of Scotland on our tour so I decided I should check it out. It's a free museum so I wasn't expecting very much. I was so wrong. It's actually impressive, especially considering it's free. It's basically two buildings connected to each other. The one half has Scottish history stuff. The other half is everything else. Artifacts from other countries, a natural science portion and lots of other things.
I was mainly interested in the Scottish part of the museum. The Maiden is in the museum. There is information about how it worked and when it was used. Also there are the little coffin things that were found in a cave on Arthur's Seat which may have a connection with the killing for the medical school stories. Edinburgh is so creepy.
Also the museum has Dolly the Sheep. Because Scottish scientists are responsible for that. I learned that they think even though Dolly was "born" young she was actually the same age as the sheep she was cloned from.
After the museum, I wandered Princes Street and sat in the Princes Street gardens. The main part of Edinburgh is a giant hill at the top of which is the castle. The gardens are at the bottom of the hill below the castle. While I was sitting there the cannons in the castle started being shot. There were three canons and they just kept going off. I was telling my dad later, about the cannons and how the queen was supposed to be in town and he pointed out that maybe the cannons had something to do with her.
I ended my day by hanging out reading in Starbucks with a fantastic view of the Royal Mile. I could really be okay living in Edinburgh. Aside from I'd freeze in the winter...





No comments:
Post a Comment