03 October 2007

DMV Round 1

I decided that Monday morning would be a good day to get the dmv trip out of the way. My morning started with me taking the time to actually straighten my hair. This alone is a big deal! Then I had to run around like a crazy person trying to print out my new insurance cards to prove that I have car insurance in California. This done I left the apartment 30 minutes later than planned. About five minutes away I realized I didn't have the car title with me so I turned around and went back to my apartment. 25 minutes later I arrived at the dmv to see a line out the door and around the corner. I waited in line for about five minutes (this line was just to get your number to wait your turn). When it got to the guy I told him that I wanted to get my CA license and register my car. He then informed me "No habla ingles." I just looked at him. Next he lists the items that I will need to get my license. My birth certificate or passport, and my social security number. While I know my social security number, I carry neither my birth certificate nor my passport with me. Strike one. So I can't get my driver's license. I decide not to wait in line for the registration only, I return my number and head home. Turns out I also have to get my car checked for smog. Seriously, people! Like I have time for such things!

In class news, we had our seminar on Monday. Basically the professors in the cognitive sciences department will just be coming in a talking about their research. This class is awesome, because I don't have to do any homework! We also had another 3 hours of math. I think my brain leaked out of my ears at the end of yesterday. Derivatives, integration, logarithms, what?!

I'm working on preparing for the labs I teach tomorrow. I have to make my own webpage. Rather, the students need to make a webpage, so I have to figure out how to do it so I can show them. This should be interesting. I actually think it will be fun and not too difficult.

Also, there was a boy in my TA training class who I just realized looks exactly like Milo Ventimiglia. Who by the way I'm in love with. Milo, not the boy from my class.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

I am ready for another post now! Thanks! Long Hair