I went to the DMV again on Monday. I had made an appointment and planned to get up early and get read so my picture would look good. Unfortunately, I apparently turned off my alarm because I was too tired when it went off and woke up 15 minutes before I was supposed to be there. Strike one. In all reality, the visit went smoothly. I only had to wait about three minutes for my number to get called. And the whole registration process was quick. I did have to pay $213 to register the car and then another $27 for the license.That kind of hurt. Turns out you have to register your vehicle within 20 days of entering the state and I was four days late. The DMV guy said the registration shouldn't be that much again. I passed the test with flying colors though. I left the DMV about 1.5 hours after I got there. I'd still say the final score is DMV 2- Jenn 0.
Everything else has been pretty calm. I'm still struggling through math. But I've been able to answer a couple of questions in class. I'm not sure that this is really at all impressive to the professor, seeing as how he seems to view the whole class as kindergarten level mathematics. But I felt good about it.
I went to the Newport temple on Friday. It is gorgeous, inside and out. There is a mural in one of the rooms of a cove. It looks just like being on the beach. And in another room there are huge stained glass windows that let in the California sunshine. I'm always impressed by the effort put in to make our temples beautiful. I also, of course, am impressed by the presence of the Spirit. Being in the temple has such a calming influence on me.
Brynna Brockbank was in town this weekend and spent the night on Friday. It's nice to have old friends stop by(hint, hint...) I made us waffles for breakfast, christening my belgian circus shapes waffle maker. I have to say that I make yummy waffles. I threw a little party on Saturday in celebration of the Michigan game being televised. I was very pleased that they won. I have to admit I was a little nervous in the beginning. You know, leftover nerves from having watched the Oregon game. I still have lots of leftover junk food if anyone wants to fly out here and help me eat it.
Not much exciting going on here. Except for the forest fires... My roommate has been glued to the tv all evening watching the news. I think she's really afraid we're going to burn. I on the other hand am not so worried. I figure if my apartment burns I'll just get to buy all new clothes. :)
P.S. Vote on what I should put on my license plate! It's on the right side of the page. I'm also open to suggestions.
No comments:
Post a Comment