31 January 2008

NBA and Election 2008

I forgot to mention last night when I was writing about my two new obsessions. The NBA and the 2008 Elections. When I come home I turn on the tv and check for these two things. And then I watch.


I watched the end of the Republican debate yesterday. Dang time difference, I was stuck in class for most of it. I will try to keep my opinions to myself so I don't offend anyone with my lack of knowledge. I will say that I feel bad for all of the people that wasted their money on Giuliani. As for the Democrats, I haven't really seen any of their debates since before South Carolina, but I was not impressed with the way that Hillary and Barack were bickering. There's debating and then there's a playground fight. I have come to the conclusion that it is important to be well informed and to vote. So everyone please vote. And I would also like to add, how did my new state elect Arnold Schwarzenegger as governor? That still baffles me.

As for my other new love, they don't play enough of the Pistons out here. I have three teams Michigan football, the Detroit Pistons, and BYU football. I must be able to watch my teams. So in the absence of Piston basketball, I have started to watch any basketball that is on television. I tell myself that it is because I need to know what the Pistons are up against. What good does it do me if I can't say whether or not I expect the Pistons to beat the Lakers? Which they did tonight by the way. Both teams looked like a mess, but at least my boys pulled it out in the end. It makes me feel better if I can justify my love for the Pistons by comparing them to other teams instead of just because. I think my favorite Piston right now is Rasheed Wallace. It used to be Tayshaun Prince, but he hasn't been so hot when I've been able to watch. And he is kind of lurpy. But Rasheed keeps pulling some three pointers out of I don't know where and I have to say I like that. Plus I think it's funny when he yells at the refs. He seems to be much tamer this year, which is somewhat of a letdown. But we'll just chalk it up to a newfound maturity.
Classic Rasheed

3 comments:

Rita said...

Bibe will be upset you are posting a picture of her boyfriend (Rasheed)!! I actually made it to a Pistons game a few weeks ago which was great except they lost. I hope they do well come playoff time.
I finally updated my blog a little so check it out.

Unknown said...

lurpy? what in the world does that mean? can i use it in scrabble? that's my new obsession...

ps, hi! how are you?!?!

Rachael said...

I love it! Thanks for posting. I'll be looking for more soon.