02 March 2009

How I spend my time...

There are a couple of things that I do when I have a small chunk of time available. That is when I don't have enough time to accomplish any of my major tasks, but too much time to just sit and stare at a wall. This is one of them. The others are facebook and filmbloggers.

Anyway, I'm still trying to recover from my weekend trip to Michigan. It was probably the best time I've had in a long time. I left on a Thursday and ended up on the same flight as Jocelyn from Salt Lake to Detroit. Rach and her mom picked us up at the airport and we headed into Ann Arbor to begin what I would like to call the Weekend of Eating Our Way through Southeast Michigan. We had dinner at my favorite, Pizza House. The BBQ chicken pizza and steak fries. Cannot be beat. Friday morning we went to Plymouth to see the Ballroom where Rachael's wedding and reception will be held. It is a beautiful large room, with real wooden floors. It's going to be a fabulous place for the wedding. Then we hit the Burger Spot for lunch, followed by some shopping in the cute little boutiques. I bought two new coats, since I don't actually have anything appropriate for the California winter. Which by the way turned back to summer as soon as I returned. We finished our Friday with dinner at Sadako (amazing sushi) back in Ann Arbor.

Saturday had us running around doing wedding errands before Rachael's bridal shower. Her shower was held in a cute boutique in downtown Ann Arbor, right next to her favorite organic pizza place. Seriously crazy pizza concoctions, but so tasty. Everyone had a great time shopping and chatting. Saturday night took us back to downtown Detroit for the best hole-in-the-wall bar with the best ribs and wings you've ever tasted at Sweetwater. And then we headed to Tony's (Rach's fiancee) to have a Rockband party. I have to say I am getting pretty good at the drums. We also taught Jocelyn how to play the bass. I'm sorry, Joc, but you still need some work. :) Sunday morning we went to church and heard Tony give a fabulous talk on prayer and scripture study. Then Tony and I spent another two hours playing Rockband before I had to go to the airport. I think that Rachael felt like a mom at the dinner table when she excused us to go back and play.

So now I'm trying to get back to working and researching here in Irvine. It seems like each week I accomplish less and add more things to do to my list. I did have an interview last week for a community assistant position at the apartment complex I live in. It involves, among other things, free rent if I get the job. I am praying my heart out that I get it, because I'm not sure I can handle balancing my budget for much longer with how little I make. I think I have a good shot. Does anyone have a good answer to the question "Tell us about a time when you used logic to solve a problem and it had a good outcome"? That one totally stumped me.

Until the next time I have some minutes to kill...

3 comments:

Dallan said...

Pizza House and Sweetwater. My heart and stomach hurt just thinking about the old haunts! Glad you had a fun trip. Will I see you back out there for the wedding?

Anonymous said...

I'm so envious that you were back in Michigan!! It's such a treat to see your blog!

Anne said...

All those times you had to fix video equipment!! :)