28 June 2010

MONDAY....Can't stand it

Mondays. I despise them. It doesn't seem to matter how ready I am for a new week, Monday ruins it.

I just had a very nice Sunday. Worked on some sewing projects. (I love that I have sewing projects. Who am I?) I made sure that on Saturday I had everything done for my class. All the homeworks were graded, all my slides were together. I put all of the stuff I needed in a pile near my bags. All ready for Monday morning. I set my alarm clock early so that I would have time to go over my slides, because let's be honest from Saturday to Monday I can't remember what I was going to teach, and so I could print out some group work for my students. I like to give them an alternative to me babbling.

Monday morning arrives and I GOT UP EARLY! And before you all start being sarcastic and saying, "Early? What, like, 10am?", I got up at 7:15! That's right, people. In the sevens I got up. I even got ready on time. I walk out the door and Monday starts...

It's raining. Well, it's doing California's version of raining which is like a child blowing a raspberry in your face, but still. So this puts a damper on my mood. And then as I'm exiting the parking lot, I spill Coke Zero on my clean jeans and sweater. Awesome. I drive onto campus, I park, and I'm trying to decide how to juggle my open soda, my lunch, and umbrella when I realize I've left the graded homeworks in my apartment. Along with all of my other papers and things that I will need in order to be productive today. So it's back in the car and drive back home. I attempt to print out what I need at home but my computer is not cooperating, which means I'm going to be improvising a bit in class. AND... I leave my soda sitting on the coffee table. Seriously?! How am I supposed to get through a two hour lecture without my soda?

Turns out class was successful, even without the soda. But I'm still hating on Mondays. They suck.

No comments: