(26.08.11) Checked out the HMS Belfast which is now a museum but originally a naval shipped used in World War II. It was interesting to see how it worked but also a little bit creepy when I walked through the infirmary which had mannequins laid in beds and then a little more creepy when I couldn't find my way out. After that I headed to Southwark Cathedral (which is not pronounced how you think it is) and I enjoyed that. I think mostly because I got a free guide book so I learned all about the different artwork and stuff in the cathedral. The cathedral is right next to Borough Market, my favorite of all the markets I saw while in Europe. Great food. I got some fish and chips. Fabulous french fries, I mean chips. Then I went ice skating. I probably only lasted about 30 minutes, the skates were super uncomfortable but it was entertaining. I then headed to the Tate Modern. Turns out I think I like modern art. I definitely prefer it to all the royal portraits. My favorite part was the audio guide which had music on it, music that inspired the artist or that had something to do with the art. Pretty cool. After that I trudged through the pouring rain to meet Jeff at his office and head to the National Portrait Gallery. I must have had a subconscious goal to see every museum possible in London. We ended the day by cooking at home and reading. Not sure what the face I'm making in the picture is about. Probably Jeff was giving me attitude about being my photographer...

No comments:
Post a Comment