21 January 2012

nap pillow

I saw this on pinterest today. 

I know exactly who I would buy it for. Don't worry, Darlene, it's not you. It'd mess up your hair, completely not practical. It would appear however, that it is not available for purchase.  So I'm brainstorming how exactly I could make it and what I would make it with.  I think jersey for the fabric.  It'd be breathable and soft.  And probably just regular cotton batting for the stuffing.  But my real problem is, how would you breath?  I sometimes stick my head under my covers if I'm cold or having a hard time falling asleep, but that only lasts for a few minutes because it gets hot and I start to feel like there's no air, so I can only imagine what it would be like if I stuck my head inside a pillow.  Which is essentially what this is.  Perhaps make the hand holes a bit larger?  Or have another hole for just your face?  But then does that defeat the whole purpose of the ostrich pillow?  Because if there's a hole for your face to stick out of you could conceivably converse with people or at the very least let in light which make napping more difficult.  Maybe a hole which is only big enough for your mouth and nose...

A problem for me to dream about tonight.

No comments: