This summer I promised one of my friends I would make her a quilt as her wedding present. I'm not gonna lie, it was mostly because I didn't want to buy a present at the time. I was getting ready to head to Europe and I wanted to put off gift buying until I came back. I also promised her I'd have it done by Christmas. In classic Jenn fashion, I slowly started working on it, thinking I had plenty of time. And then I spent two weeks where I sewed all day every day trying to get it done. Maybe it was just one week.
It turned out really well. Maybe my best work yet. The inspiration/instructions came from my bricole. I followed her instructions pretty closely. I did enough sets to have enough blocks for the whole front. I think my quilt ended up being larger than hers and I had about 3 squares left over. Also when it came time to trim the squares mine ended up being smaller than mybricole's so I just trimmed to make sure they were square. Generally in my quilting, I don't really care if it's all perfect. I figure no one's going to measure or use a straight edge. Lauren, the bride, picked the colors, basically navy blue and yellow. I got most of the fabric at Joann's and my favorite the blue and yellow hawaiian print came from Jenny's fabrics in Fountain Valley. They have a lot of designer fabric as well as a great clearance section.
Anyway. Here's the finished product.
It turned out really well. Maybe my best work yet. The inspiration/instructions came from my bricole. I followed her instructions pretty closely. I did enough sets to have enough blocks for the whole front. I think my quilt ended up being larger than hers and I had about 3 squares left over. Also when it came time to trim the squares mine ended up being smaller than mybricole's so I just trimmed to make sure they were square. Generally in my quilting, I don't really care if it's all perfect. I figure no one's going to measure or use a straight edge. Lauren, the bride, picked the colors, basically navy blue and yellow. I got most of the fabric at Joann's and my favorite the blue and yellow hawaiian print came from Jenny's fabrics in Fountain Valley. They have a lot of designer fabric as well as a great clearance section.
Anyway. Here's the finished product.
1 comment:
That is awesome! Good work, JennJenn! I really like the asymmetrical geometric design. Very cool.
Post a Comment