Started out early this morning. I was in the car by 8 am. I know that's only early to me. The drive to Nauvoo, IL was smooth. Seeing as how I didn't account for the time change I arrived extra early. I was able to check into my hotel, visit Carthage, and wander around the temple before my session. Seeing the jail in Carthage was a great experience. It's hard to believe that I stood in the place that the prophet Joseph Smith was killed. The Nauvoo temple is gorgeous, inside and out. Lots of dark, hard wood and a beautiful spiral staircase. I obviously couldn't take pictures inside but I'll try to post some of the pictures from outside. Now I'm just relaxing and trying to get mentally prepared for Nebraska tomorrow. I hear it's the most boring state out there. P.S. if anyone sees this before the game tomorrow, I expect updates on how my boys are doing.
1 comment:
Jenn, I am very excited to read and see your updates. The pictures were beautiful. I see and hope that the journey to your destination is a very spiritual one for you. Love you...Big Brother Tommy
Post a Comment