I did drive to Chimney Rock on Sunday. It was so not worth the extra hour. I will save you all lots of trouble and wondering by telling you it is a big rock. I arrived at Jocelyn's around 7:30, I think. We had dinner and then chatted until we went to bed. I know, I know, my life is a whirlwind of fun. I took Joc's dog, Toby, for a walk Monday morning. He is extremely well behaved. Then Joc and I had lunch at some bbq place. It was really good, and Jocelyn decided that she was going to eat their hushpuppies for every meal for the rest of her life.
I got to the Wilson's that afternoon. They were the senior couple in Thessaloniki when I was there. I had forgotten how funny they are. Jeff and I went to our friend Corina's for dinner. Corina and I went to high school together, really just for our senior year. Corina and her husband have three supercute kids. We played bocce ball, roasted marshmallows, and then played euchre. It's inevitable when Jeff is around that there will be euchre played.
Tuesday began with a breakfast of homemade pancakes and buttermilk syrup at the Wilson's. Sister Wilson is ah-mazing. After breakfast I headed to Provo to listen to the devotional at BYU. They have devotionals twice a week (?) and it just so happened that President Hinckley was going to speak on Tuesday. It was neat to be there and listen to him. He's 97 and doesn't seem a day older than 70. ;) Since I was in Utah I decided to get my nails done. I would have done feet and hands but my dear friend Woodger called and asked if I wanted to have lunch. Turns out I should have stayed for the manicure after all, since Woodger fell asleep and didn't answer my phone calls. Thanks, Woodge! Anyway, I ended up hanging out at the mall and then with Jeff for a bit. We taught one of his roommates and another friend of his to play euchre. Shocker! Woodger and Watkins took me out for dinner that night. Their first names are Josh and Nate, respectively. Nate was in my MTC group. Woodger and I spent 4 months together in Thessaloniki and then 2 months in Athens. It was fabulous to see them and to do some catching up. I've missed them terribly since I came home from Greece.
Wednesday, was my second day in Provo. I met James Lark, Jeff's younger brother, for lunch. I am amazed and incredibly impressed by how grown-up he is. James tells me he's learning a ton about football this year, playing for BYU. He's also getting excited about going on his mission. He'll turn his papers in soon and then probably leave in January. I still remember when he was a little twelve year-old punk back in Michigan. It's amazing to see the changes he's made. After lunch I headed south to St. George with a couple of detours. First stop was Nephi, UT, where I got to see one of my favorite mission friends, Karson Morgan. Aside from a little bit of facial hair, he's just how I remember him. We only got to talk for a few minutes, because he was at work, but it was worth the detour. From Nephi I headed onto Manti, to see the temple there. It's a little out of the way, but it's a beautiful building. Then I headed onto St. George, to see the rest of the Lark family.
So far today, I've slept in and taken Alex out to lunch. We ate at Cafe Rio, because I can't resist when I'm in Utah. For those of you who don't know, it's like Panchero's only ten times better. And yes, I mean ten times. I'll be heading on to Irvine on Saturday. Once again I would like to extend an invitation to any who would like to come visit me, I'd love to have you. What fun is a beach if you can't share it?
No comments:
Post a Comment