22 September 2007

I have arrived!

I finally made it all the way to California. I say that like something stopped me from getting here sooner, as opposed to me just making it a long trip. As a perfect welcome to my new state, I got stuck in traffic for an hour before I got here. There was wreck and I decided it couldn't be that bad so I stayed on the highway. Big mistake, big, huge.

Anyway, I got moved into my apartment. I've even succeded in unpacking some stuff. Until all of my other stuff shows up later this week. My roommate is really nice. She's subletting for the quarter and she's from Austria. She brought me some Austrian cookies. :)

I made my first Target run this evening. Next time I decide to go to Target on the night all the other students are moving in, somebody please stop me. Target looked like it was the end of the world and armageddon had come. I plan to go to IKEA sometime this week. The internet tells me it's 6 miles away, which I'm sure means it will take 2 hours to get there.

I'll try to work up the energy to post some pictures tomorrow. And once I get more settled I'll take pictures of my room.

P.S. Big thanks to Jocelyn for the birthday blanket. I only brought sheets, so now I won't freeze at night!

2 comments:

Anne said...

LOL, sounds like you should walk to IKEA!

Rachael said...

Excuse me........it is time for you to post again!

Rach