15 September 2007

Day 2

I reached Ogallala, NE this evening. I'm loving the time zone changes. It makes it feel as though I spent less time in the car. I have to say that I have had an ah-mazing amount of patience for sitting in the car on this trip. I think it's the gps thingy, it gives me a goal time to arrive and every time I stop makes that goal later. Also as a note about the gps, it for some unknown reason sent me through Missouri instead of Iowa like I thought it would. I spent my morning driving on curvy back roads through more corn fields than I've seen in my life. Sadly it was too late in the day to see any sights in Nebraska. Every place has shorter hours after Labor Day, go figure. I'm hoping to stop at Chimney Rock tomorrow. I'm looking forward to getting to Utah, not spending all day in the car, and seeing Jocelyn tomorrow!!!

P.S. There aren't really any exciting pictures to be taken of corn and hay fields, so no new pics today.

5 comments:

Rachael said...

I love this! It makes me feel like you are far away from us! Keep it coming!

Rachael said...

I meant to say it makes it seem like you are not far away from us! It's late!

Jess said...

good work, jenn...now that we both have blogs, we never have to really keep in contact!

Unknown said...

I know you'll be surprised to hear that if you went through Iowa, you'd see much of the same. Perhaps not curvy roads, but DEFINTELY CORN! Lots of corn. Glad to hear things are going well. We miss you around here - things are too quiet!!!

Anne said...

Are you there yet?
I expect some random stories here soon!