I swear I was sitting on my couch yesterday planning a post about what I was grateful for and then somehow this morning I woke up and I hadn't posted anything. What I would have said yesterday is that I'm grateful for my research assistant, Madison. I sometimes also like to refer to her as my slave. :) I found Madison last spring in my Intro to Linguistics discussion. She was constantly asking questions and trying to weasel the answers to the homework out of me. Then one day I found out her major was Psychology and Social Behavior. It's the other psych school at UCI. And I thought "perfect!" I talked to her that very day and asked if she'd be interested in helping me with my research. And thus began a beautiful friendship... Madison has been helping me with my data collection and much more since last May. She picks me up at the airport and feeds me when I forget to feed myself. All those times when I said I needed a personal assistant? I'm pretty sure Madison is as close as I'm going to get. And on top of all that, she has great taste in music.
And just to embarrass her a little bit, here's a picture I stole off of Facebook. That's Karen, her roommate, behind her who also happens to be pretty dang cool.
And just to embarrass her a little bit, here's a picture I stole off of Facebook. That's Karen, her roommate, behind her who also happens to be pretty dang cool.

No comments:
Post a Comment