18 November 2011

chocolate covered cherries

Today I was at Target and I realized all the holiday stuff is out.  Which means chocolate covered cherries.  The good kind.  The kind with the clear center not the milky one.  Love them.  I may have eaten half the box already.

The reason I love them so much is they remind me of my childhood and my mom.  I mean, they taste good too, but, you know.  I remember my mom always having some kind of candy in the house.  Not a lot of candy just something in the candy jar.  There was a different candy for each holiday.  The juju hearts for Valentine's Day, the orange pumpkins and candy corn for Halloween.  And at Christmas there were the chocolate covered cherries.  But they were special because they didn't go in the candy jar.  You were lucky when you got to have a chocolate covered cherry.  Mmm.

1 comment:

darlenebergeson said...

i knew this, not all of it, but I know that you love those things this time of year. so sweet.