20 November 2011

smooth sailing

I forgot to post again yesterday.  Ooops.  Yesterday I was grateful for a giant cheeseburger from TK Burgers in Costa Mesa.  Love it.

I mostly post on here because it entertains me.  I generally find myself to be witty and clever but there isn't always someone around to share this with.  Hence, the blog.  Additionally, I think it's a great way for people I'd normally be bad at keeping in touch with to find out what I'm doing with my life.  Not that this is always a terrific representation of my life.  (Seriously though, the most exciting thing this week was the chocolate covered cherries.)  So I do this and it's mostly for me.  I tell myself that I do it in place of keeping a journal because I truly hate keeping a journal.  Something about the whole journal concept makes me feel like I need to be all deep and introspective.  But here I can say what I want.  And there are pictures.  And how great will it be when one day my children can look back and see the crazy stuff I did when I was 25?  (Yeah, I know I'm not 25 anymore but we're going to pretend I got frozen there for now.)  Yesterday I received an email from my mom's best friend because she's been following my blog since I went to London this summer.  And it was so great to know that someone is reading and caring.  And to keep in touch with someone I might not have kept in touch with otherwise.  So today I'm grateful for this blog.  (Thanks, Jeni!)

Random picture of me from October 
(how appropriate that there is a boat behind me and I titled this post "smooth sailing".  and I didn't even do it on purpose.)

P.S. I saw on another blog that Forever21 is doing a contest for charity.  The charity with the most votes wins.  I voted for Susan G Komen (obviously) and you should vote too!  For whoever you want to win. :)

No comments: