06 June 2013

Boat!

Thursday, June 6th

I forgot to put this picture in my last post or on instagram. When I arrived at Jocelyn's apartment this cute welcome basket was waiting for me. That little blue bag has become my favorite thing; it's a mix of nuts and dried fruit and it is fantastic. I haven't quite had a bag a day, but close.

I decided to do a boat cruise on the Spree for my activity. It seemed like a good way to see things and not get lost. So I set off for the river and tried to decide which boat would be best. I decided that I wanted to be on a two tiered boat because I'd be able to see better. I told the ticket seller this when he tried to put me on a one story boat. My arguing somehow got me a discount, his email address and an invitation for drinks. Ha!

The boat's tour guides were high school aged kids. They said everything first in German then in English. I kind of think they left some stuff out when they repeated it in English.

The bridges are pretty interesting. Some of them are also really low. As in, I felt like I had to duck. And I'm not tall!

A boat called Moby Dick. I wish I'd found this one for my tour.

I have a lot of shots of the Berliner Dom. It's right near the apartment and it's pretty striking. I'll do some research and report more on it in the next post because that's the day I went to the Dom.

I spent a while in the afternoon hunting down a SIM card for my phone. I found one eventually. Which made me happy because I've been able to do instagram while I'm wandering the city. I'm not sure I'll have it everywhere as it is a little pricey. But it has definitely helped me not get lost here!

Here are a couple more pictures I like.

 

 

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Yes! I'm so happy you are blogging! Looks like you are having a blast. Super bummer about leaving behind some stuff but at least it wasn't anything irreplaceable!

Make sure you take good notes so you can tell me where to go whenever I travel to these places!

xoxo