19 June 2013

Moo-ving on

Wednesday, June 19th

I left Dublin early to take the train back to Cork. Due to my chaotic planning (note to self: don't become a travel agent), my flight for Amsterdam left from Cork. I didn't meet anyone cool on the train back.

I had some extra time to kill before I needed to take the bus to the airport. Travel days always seem to end up in wasting time. Anyway I went into the Marks & Spencer. I had looked every day I had been in Cork for my favorite white chocolate chip cookies but I hadn't had any luck. Today, luck was on my side. There were my cookies right in the bakery basket at Marks & Spencer. I bought myself a pint of milk and headed to the bus station to wait for my airport bus.

This picture is from a later bag of cookies and pint of milk, but just so you get the idea.

 

I successfully made it to the airport and onto my flight to Amsterdam. So far aer lingus is my favorite airline in Europe. They allow not only allow a normal sized carry on, they also allow a personal item. This is the only airline where I didn't end up needing to pay to check a bag. They also assign seats so you don't have to make like a linebacker and lower your shoulder on the way out to the plane. (I'm looking at you Ryanair.)

Anyway, Jocelyn and I met up at the baggage claim and took a taxi to our hotel. There was a nice square just behind our hotel and we ate dinner at an Indian place that specialized in rice dinners. It was pretty much a mix of different main dishes plus rice to eat with them.

And apparently I didn't take any pictures today. Oops.

 

No comments: