Friends! Family! I have have been absent from here for far too long! I thought that we would have internet in Edinburgh but it turns out we did not. And I have missed all of you. Somehow writing here makes me feel like I'm still with all of you even though I'm actually quite far away. So I'm going to try to pretend that each of these new posts is being written in real time. And eventually I will catch up with real time. :) We'll be in London for the next couple of days so I should be able to catch up.
Day 11 (which is actually, technically day 12 of my trip) was spent half in Athens and half driving to Delphi. We spent a good chunk of the morning wandering the downtown area of Athens in the bookstores. I was so excited to be able to buy books in Greek. I finally completed my Greek Harry Potter collection. Wahoo! I also bought a series by Scott Westerfield that I've read in English which I really enjoy. The definite winner of the books was The Nightmare Before Christmas. Total score. And I managed to get all of the books in my carry on and back to England. I'm super excited to start reading all of the books.
After my excessive book shopping we checked out the Acropolis Museum which has a lot of the statues and friezes from the Parthenon in it. The ones which weren't stolen by the British and currently reside the British museums that is. ;) Then we went and picked up our rental car and headed to Delphi. We got super lost one city. It turns out it's not really a straight shot to Delphi from Athens. We did eventually find our way and our hotel. The hotel had a beautiful view from the balcony, you'll see it in my "from a distance" photo.
My outfit picture features one of my favorite Athenian locations: IKEA. It's right by the airport where we picked up the rental car so we stopped and ended up eating there. Jeff had meatballs and I ate hot dogs. I'm super healthy. Yeah.

No comments:
Post a Comment