21 August 2011

Day 23

Sunday: our last day in Paris. Jeff's activity choice for the day was to check out a food market. It was mostly just a farmer's market. We tried a few things, my favorite being the potatoes which I think were cooked as part of some sort of roast. Then we walked across the city to the musee d'orsay. It was my choice to walk instead of taking the tube and that was a bad choice. It turns out I really have a low tolerance for high temperatures. About 10 minutes into the walk I was ready to throw a tantrum I was so hot. I persevered however and we made it to the museum where I spent 4euro on a soda. Paris is nothing if not expensive. ,The museum was awesome. I saw a bunch of Degas statues that I loved. L-O-V-E-loved. I wanted to steal them. Or purchase the 350 euro copies of them. We also saw this really beautiful statue. I won't be able to do it justice describing it. I'll just have to say it was touching.

After the museum we went to see the Eiffel Tower up close then headed for the train back to London. Thanks to some slightly incompetent and mostly rude border officials we missed our train back but were put on the one just 45 minutes after. Thus ends the traveling adventures and begins my London adventures...

Photobucket

No comments: