16 August 2011

Day 17

We slept in. It was so nice. We decided to use this day to visit some bookstores. One that I had read about on a blog and Jeff's favorite. We moved so slowly that we really only managed to see the first bookstore, Daunt Books. Its a cool old bookstore and the majority of it is organized by country. So if you are interested in Greece you can find travel books and maps as well as books about Greece or set in Greece or written by Greek authors. Pretty cool. The street that its on is in what Jeff said was a "posh" area of the city. It was very nice. Lots of cute stores and restaurants. Very movie fantasy setting. I told Jeff I'd like to live there and he told me I couldn't afford it. Sigh. I also went in the Cath Kidston store, we just happened to walk by. I'm not sure why I'm familiar with this store but they design and sell fabric, mostly oilcloth it would seem and then they also sell products made with their fabric. They had some super cute things but all out of my price range really. (Dad, I really like these shoes or this wallet or this wallet.) After that we wandered through Regent's Park which had really beautiful rose gardens. I could have sat in there for hours. Basically I just fell in love with this neighborhood in London. Anyone want to support me for the rest of my life so I can live there?


Photobucket

No comments: