04 August 2011

a photo from a high angle

Today's photo is from inside the hotel we're staying in. The evil eye on top of the gate is to our hotel to keep out... well, evil. It's a Greek thing. Darlene's is taken from the Pali lookout on Honolulu, she's says its haunted. Who does like a good creepy place?

I'm skipping the outfit picture today. We spent all day at the beach so I never really got dressed. Hence no outfit. The beach was lovely. They have lounge chairs and umbrellas all along the beach. Some of them belong to the restaurants along the beach and some of them are free. We thought we found free ones but after about two hours some girl came along and asked us to pay her 8 euros so we said we'd just move. We moved a little bit up the beach to another set of chairs where all you had to do was buy a drink from the restaurant nearby. And really I think they would have not ever bothered us to buy anything. But we bought soda because I wanted it and it came in little glass bottles with a straw. Heaven. We also bought meat and cheese and a fresh loaf of bread (1 euro for the bread. fresh bread.)earlier and made sandwiches on the beach. It's been a rough day. :)

Photobucket

3 comments:

Amanda Silva said...

I thought the evil eye was a Turkish thing. They sell them everywhere in Turkey - as jewelry, wall hangings, etc.

I want to be on the beach too...bring me some black sand!

Unknown said...

Hi Jenn. I just realized you had a blog for your adventures like when you started it and then I didn't look at it until today. You look like you're having fun!

J.S said...

Bring me to that beach. noooooooowwwww! :) Glad you're having such a great time! :) Consider wearing some sunscreen! Or, at least, definitely don't put anything on your lap while you're laying out (for example, a handprint)!