Our second day in Paris I took us to the musee carnavalet. I had read about it on spotted by locals, which has lots of hints for things to see and places to go in different cities. Anyway, the museum was pretty cool. It was free - SCORE. My favorite room was the sign room. A bunch of vintage (or just old?) French signs, specifically the famous chat noire. Also a really awesome room with the coolest frescoe (is that what you call a painting directly on the wall?). I could have sat in that room forever. I've decided that after I do my challenges I'll do a series of my favorite pictures from this summer's adventures.
After the museum we headed to Notre Dame and had a tour. There's something about that cathedral that just tugs at me. Maybe it's the Disney movie. Seriously though its an amazing building and there's just this atmosphere even with the massive crowds. We went up to the Sacre Couer after that, which is another cathedral. We're not sure why its important but it's on top of a hill so it has a pretty great view of the city. We had dinner at this little brasserie near the Sacre Couer. The owner was Egyptian and super friendly. We headed back to Notre Dame so that we could go to the top. I think that was my favorite part. You get to be up close to the gargoyles (which are apparently actually chimera) and you have a great view of the city. I loved the chimera. And saying gargoyles over and over in a really horrible fake French accent.
Here's my outfit pic. I especially like the face I'm making in this picture. It's because the sun is in my eyes. The outfit is the important part right?

No comments:
Post a Comment