Our second day in Edinburgh was as awesome as the first. We grabbed breakfast at a porridge place on Princes Street. The walk to Princes Street had some great views of the part of the city we stayed in. Seriously all the buildings in Scotland are fabulous and the landscape is lush and green. Beautiful. Jeff and I spent a while after breakfast searching for our family tartans. Jeff is from the Martin clan and I am obviously a Lindsay. We discovered that the Lindsay clan is quite large and our tartan is everywhere. I bought myself a wonderful wool blanket in the tartan which I can't wait to snuggle up with.
In the afternoon we began a series of shows at the Fringe Festival. Jeff and I saw a production of the Little Prince. It was wonderful. The girl who played the prince was so convincing, I nearly believed she was a little boy. It was a small venue and the audience was seated surrounding the staging area. The actors would sit in the audience when they weren't in the scene. I think it was my favorite play from the weekend. After that we joined up with Annie and Danny for dinner at a Kurdish restaurant. Fantastic food. We all stuffed ourselves. Then we met up with some of the other friends to go see a woman from Canada named Sharron Matthews. She sang mostly, but also was a bit of a comedy act. Great voice and fun to watch. Then we saw a musical version of the story of Echo and Narcissus set to the music of Monteverdi. It wasn't my favorite. A little bit amateur.
Also earlier in the day as you will see in my pictures, Jeff and I walked through this place called the Underbelly. Their logo is a purple upside down cow. It was basically a bunch of bars/rooms with different decor. All the rooms were named different things involving bellies: belly dancer, belly button, white belly, beer belly... The thing about Edinburgh is that the whole city is on all different levels. So we wanted to get from one street to the street which was basically one floor above us and we wound our way through the Underbelly up about 5 sets of stairs to get out. A fun adventure.


No comments:
Post a Comment